Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
Nearly 2 million Indians are affected by Corneal Blindness and a significant portion of them are young. Today in India patients with corneal blindness can be visually rehabilitated only through transplanting their disease-affected corneas with healthy corneal tissues obtained from voluntary donors.There is a severe lack of donor eyes in India. We are in need of approximately 60,000 pairs of corneas every year. As against this, the annual procurement is about 10,000 pairs a year.
Reason? Lack of donor corneas in a country where over 10 million deaths take place every year!
Shroff Eye & Vision Research Centre is committed to spreading awareness about the noble cause of eye donation through
- Eye donation awareness drives and campaigns
- Advanced corneal eye surgery – DSEK
- Ongoing seminars and/or talks on ‘eye donation’ in schools, colleges, societies, offices
What can you do?
- If you are present at a death try motivating the family to make an eye donation.
- Call 1919 (24 Hours) for grief counseling to motivate the family members.
- If you succeed in motivating the family members of the deceased, call the eye bank number and they will visit immediately.
- Help us promote eye donation.
- Pledge your eyes online – Download the pdf below