Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
Types of Cataract Lenses
The type of lens advised is what is found to be most suitable for you by your detailed examination and also your lifestyle. This will be discussed by our ophthalmologist with you during your visit.
Standard Vs Premium Lens Implants?
Multifocal and Accomodative Implants are a new technology in cataract treatment wherein you can gain additional benefit of reducing your dependence on reading glasses.
Standard Lens Implants
- Single focus- usually distant
- 100% need for reading glasses
- Insurance usually covers the cost
Premium Lens Implants
- Multiple focuses- near, intermediate and distant
- Reduces or eliminates need for reading glasses
- May be reimbursed partially by insurance
Lens Implants available at Shroff Eye:
- Monofocal: AMO Sensar / Akreos / Rycef /Matrix/ Alcon Expanse
- Monofocal Wavefront : AMO Tecnis / Akreos AO / Zeiss ZO/Acrysof Alcon IQ
- Monofocal Microincision: Bausch and Lomb MIL
- Monofocal Toric: Alcon / Zeiss
- Multifocal: Tecnis / Restor / Rezoom/ Zeiss
- Multifocal Toric: Alcon / Zeiss
- Accomodative: Crystalens