Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
The eyelid is a very delicate and complex structure, and the permissible margin of error is within millimeters. Oculoplastics surgeons (Eye surgeons specialized in eyelid surgery) have the skill set needed to deal with this area.
Some patients may face problems following an initial eyelid surgery called blepharoplasty which may need a rectification.
Common problems people face after an eye lid surgery and which needs a redo are:
- Scars and bumps around the incision areas- Can be effectively managed with scar revision procedures.
- Undercorrection- Where one feels the original concern was inadequately dealt with and the eyes continue to look tired/ puffy/ small.
- Changes in the lower eyelid contour – which lead to retraction and greater exposure of the eye. For example, the removal of too much soft tissue and skin from the lower eyelid can result in an increased amount of the white sclera (i.e. the white, outer layer of the eyeball) to show. They can cause severe soreness and dryness as well as devastating aesthetic results for the individual. A revisional lower blepharoplasty is ideal for correcting your eye contour and giving a more natural shape.
- Poor positioning of the eyelids- when too much skin or fat is removed. An asymmetrical, unbalanced and somewhat unnatural appearance can result. Blepharoplasty revision can be conducted in order to realign everything so that the previous symmetry can be restored.
- A hollow, sunken look – if excessive fat has been removed from the area. By injecting fillers or fat transfer the lower and/or upper eyelids can get volume for a youthful look.
- Sagging of the eyelid laterally, and in more severe cases, loss of intercanthal tilt and ectropion. These changes can be aesthetically devastating and also cause significant eye pain, discomfort and vision loss.
It’s important to note that not all cosmetic eyelid surgeons have the correct skills or training to deliver the results their patients are looking for.
We welcome patients to meet our specialist, Dr Sneha Shah, one of Mumbai’s leading oculoplastic surgeons. She uses a range of reconstructive techniques to restore the position and functionality of the eyelid. With her wealth of experience she will operate cases only where she feels she can achieve a substantial improvement that is within the patient expectations.
If you are having any problems following a blepharoplasty, it is worth considering consulting an experienced surgeon like Dr Sneha Shah, to get to the bottom of the cause and evaluate all corrective options.