Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
We only perform Custom or Wavefront LASIK procedures or laser eye treatments.
Advantages of our technology over other lasers (the only Concerto Laser in India)
The treatment only takes a few minutes. Your pupil may be made smaller using eye drops. Some anaesthetic drops will be used in the eye. The doctor then focuses the laser beam on the iris and you will hear some clicks and beeps of the machine when the laser fires. The procedure is not usually painful. Usually only a few shots are needed to make the iridotomy. It is important to try to keep still during the procedure and to try not to jump after the laser fires.
- Saves up to 40% corneal tissue as compared to most lasers hence able to treat higher numbers much safer.
- Accuracy of treatment since we use the fastest laser – takes 1/5th the time that other lasers
- Precision, even if your eyes move during treatment- as this laser has the Fastest Eye Tracker, which tracks your eye at 500 times a second
- Faster healing and visual recovery – resume work on Day 2
- Due to corneal savings we can treat patients which other centers cannot who otherwise on other lasers would have been left with a residual error (number)
- Most lasers have between -5.00 D and -7.00D and upto + 3.00 D as their upper limit of treatment hence higher chances of residual errors in spite of LASIK with such older technology. Our upper limit is -12.00D and +6.00D with far more safety as compared to other lasers
This is the only laser eye surgery which has technology to offer 3 types of customized treatments based on the person’s needs, eye conditions, spectacle numbers and even age requirements to give a precise result, which no center in India offers.
- Dr. Anand Shroff, our LASIK surgeon, will be examining you for eligibility of LASIK and the bladeless LASIK procedure called EpiLASIK.
- These LASIK evaluations or checkups are planned when you are able to stay off your contact lenses (if using any) for 3 full days with soft lenses or 3 weeks if using hard or semi-soft lenses.
- The actual laser procedure does not take more than 5-7 minutes per eye and is performed under topical anesthesia (eye drops).
- You may join work with daily routine by Day 2 or Day 3 post LASIK.
- If from out of Mumbai, you do not need more than 4 days in Mumbai, when planned in keeping with our doctor’s availability.
We would also like to know the following information to help us understand the type of treatment applicable for you:
- Current Refraction (spectacle numbers)
- Lifestyle – outdoor, computers etc / profession
- Any significant medical or eye history
- An eye report / tests done
This will enable us to know the eligibility for the procedure, before visiting us, although the final check with our Refractive surgeon, Dr Anand Shroff will determine all of these as well. Please send these details to us by filling the contact us form.
Plan your LASIK at Shroff Eye in 9 easy steps™
- Send us your e-mail with any queries you may have to assess your needs
- Have your evaluation appointment scheduled by e-mail or telephone
- Rigorous Evaluation and specific tests at Shroff Eye-Bandra by appointment
- Organize and Schedule the LASIK procedure (After the evaluation or by e-mail / telephone)
- Fastest LASIK procedure
- Follow up LASIK check next day
- Easy scheduling of further appointments
- Your Final Check up at your convenience, by appointment
- Enjoy your vision…Open your eyes to a whole new world!