Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
We perform the most advanced lens implant surgery, similar to the cataract surgery which in lay man terms is called ‘Laser surgery’ although the true medical term is ‘Phaco emulsification’. The common person calls it laser cataract surgery because of ‘no stitches’.
Our measurement of implants to be put for the surgery is by using the Carl Zeiss IOL Master which uses a laser beam to measure the eye optics, thus aiding us in choosing the most perfect implant power for your eye, so that you are very close to your natural vision for distant viewing. This test is called ‘A Scan’
Multifocal Implants which you seek have the following advantages over others:-
- Two Focus points- Near and Far, hence comfortable ‘walk around vision’ without needing glasses (unless fine work like needle point, reading fine print. Generally do not require near glasses).
- Far glasses if required, this is a very small number, this helps even better when functioning for far and near work
- Most activities can be achieved without glasses or less dependence on the same
- Independence, freedom = confidence
- Urgent work is usually near- hence Multifocal is good for people who are not used to glasses. Eg activities like signing cheques, looking at bills, time, SMS etc.
We use Wavefront foldable lenses which again are superior to non wavefront, their advantages being-
- Better Vision in dim light conditions (crossing road or driving at night).
- Better Depth of colours
- Easy to insert through small incision therefore you can choose location of incision based on astigmatism
Our Operation theatre complex is designed to the highest international standards to give our patients the highest safety standards. The Operation theatres have a laminar air flow design and HEPA filtered air-conditioning, designed with positive pressure and 3 air locks to maintain absolute sterility.
Although all our three doctors perform cataract surgeries, Dr Anand Shroff is an expert in multifocal implants
If the need arises, the doctors cross refer amongst each other at no added cost of another consultation. Hence, you receive the best quality care for your eye condition.
What we need from you:-
- Initial consultation (2 hours for entire check up) is available in our hospital in Bandra or Marine Drive Clinic.
- Testing specific for the IOL (Intra ocular lens) Implant called A Scan (15 mins) done by our optometrist (can be planned for the same day as the consultation-please inform the front desk when taking the appointment)
- Laboratory tests and ECG (20 mins)-we have an in-house laboratory
- Fitness from our anaesthetist or your physician if Blood Sugar etc are high or any reports are abnormal
- The surgery itself does not usually take more than 20 mins but your admission is for about 3 hours (pre and post time included).
- We will call you on the next day for the first post surgery check up (15 mins)
- We will need to see you again after 7-10 days or as suggested by the treating doctor.
Plan your Lens Implant Surgery at Shroff Eye in 9 easy steps™
- Send us your e-mail response with any queries you may have to assess your needs
- Have your consultation appointment scheduled by e-mail or telephone
- Rigorous Evaluation- Check up and specific tests at Shroff Eye-Bandra by appointment (1½ hrs)
- Organize and Schedule the procedure (After the investigations and Lab tests are done and checked by our nurse)
- Fix the surgery date by coming to the hospital and meeting our nurse with your reports
- Follow up check next day after surgery with the Doctor (9 mins)
- Eye drops to be used as per prescription
- Your next check is with the doctor after 10 days and Final Check up after 3 weeks with the optometrist for glasses (as per appointments given to you at Discharge)
- Enjoy your vision…Open your eyes to a whole new world!
- The usual rest period is about a week after the surgery where visual activities though allowed are minimized or in moderation. This depends also on the patient’s speed of healing. If both eyes have to be operated, then a gap of 3-4 days is sufficient, but can be any length, so long as the patient’s vision allows him to perform routine work or as advised by the doctor.
- A detailed Discharge Medical Summary will be handed to you after the surgery.
- We have a Day Care facility as cataract and other eye surgeries do not require any overnight stay.
- It is most important that you choose the hospital by seeing a combination of factors, the expertise of the doctor, the international standards and hygiene of the centre and also importantly the technology being applied to you.
- We are proud to say that being the only eye hospital in India to be certified by USA with JCI (Joint Commission International) accreditation from the JCAHO international body, with strict protocols and being one of only few centres in the world we offer a far superior, safe and reliable technology at affordable comparable prices.