Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
Though it may seem hard to believe, it is true that Medical Tourism can offer excellent treatments at the lowest possible costs without compromise in quality of care received by you.
Medical Tourism in India is one of the best options available to people across the globe. Millions come every year to get treated, followed by holidays across the country.
Having said that we understand that seeking medical treatment outside your own country can be worrying, not knowing what you are getting into!
This is why we at Shroff Eye, at Mumbai India strive to provide the best eye care possible in the most comfortable setting.
The following steps will help you have a smooth process when you visit us:
- Read more about us and also run through our FAQ section for more information. When selecting an international hospital for your needs, you should consider the hospital’s accreditation, awards and recognitions, and equipments. Check the experience of the doctors as well. Shroff Eye is the only eye hospital to receive the Joint Commission International Accreditation from USA for the fourth time since 2006.
- Send us your medical information. If you have recent reports scan and email us on . We aim to respond to your query within 48 hours. If visiting for any laser eye surgery, please mention age, spectacle powers, profession to help answer your query better. We will also write back with an approximate number of days that you may need in Mumbai, India.
- Please note that in most cases the final decisions on your treatment will be made only after the doctor meets you and examines you in person. It is possible that your doctor, upon examining you, may decide you are not fit for surgery, or recommends treatment different from what you planned.
- Passport and visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any). Depending upon the country you are traveling from, you may or may not need a visa. Visa: We can help you with an invitation letter but would require some details from you. Download this form, fill it and then send it to us. Please note: If you are travelling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigners Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. Patients from Pakistan and Bangladesh are required to register their arrival within 24 hours with the nearest Police Station/Commissioner’s Office. Please check with your Embassy for any such necessary requirements as well.
- On the day of your visit, carry a copy of your passport. Our hospital will keep a copy of your passport (Photo page and visa page) in our medical record. This is mandatory and is based on the directives from the Government of India.
- We can also suggest some accommodations close to our locations, depending upon your budget, many having been tried by our previous patients and been satisfied with their services. Most such hotels do give a special rate to Shroff Eye patients from their rack rate for your stay, so do mention the reference of Shroff Eye Hospital to them.
- We accept most major credit and debit cards [Master card, VISA] etc. But check with us regarding acceptance if you are carrying any other type of cards. Cheques need to be cleared before the day of surgery, and our accounts Department will give you details of the same when you visit. Any bank transactions or transfers can only happen once our doctor has confirmed the line of treatment and the costs are clearly outlined. We cannot accept any transfer of funds before your arrival and appointment visit. Although we do not accept foreign currency, there are many Currency Exchange Bureaus in the vicinity of the hospital.
- Our staff are conversant in English but should you need any help in translation of languages spoken other than English, please let us know in advance to check for availability of translation services.
Here are some links that may be helpful during your visit:
Private Taxi services:
If you wish to know more about Mumbai, click here for some information compiled by us.