Shroff Eye Hospital is India's First Eye Hospital accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) since 2006. Shroff Eye is also India's first and only Wavelight Concerto 500 Hz LASIK center. Shroff Eye has stood for excellence in eye care since 1919. A firm commitment to quality is at the heart of all services provided at our centers at Bandra(W) and Marine Drive, Mumbai.
The following eye test assessments are carried out by our optometrists as required:
At Shroff Eye our fully trained, professional optometrists are on hand to help you with all your optical needs. With access to the latest and most advanced technology, we can provide you with the most comprehensive eye test possible.
Your Prescription Check includes:
- Detailed History and Lifestyle Evaluation: A brief discussion to provide the optometrist with information concerning your health and lifestyle background.
- A measurement of your spectacle power is taken to determine your current prescription strength.
- Tonometry: Used to measure your eye pressure (Intra Ocular Pressure- IOP). It is a key indicator in diagnosing the eye condition glaucoma.
- Visual Acuity Testing: Measures the eye’s ability to see objects at near and far distances. The tests usually involve reading letters or looking at symbols of different sizes on an eye chart. Your uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) is what you see without glasses or contact lenses while your best corrected visual acuity (BCVA) is what you see with the optimum spectacle correction in place.
- Refraction: The optometrist conducts the examination to determine your current prescription and compares this to the readings and previous prescription details to ensure stability.
A printed copy of your current refraction is handed to you at the end of your appointment